Creation Reading Course Homeschool families are encouraged to attend our in-person or online events.
We are gearing up for a series of exciting talks and have a sewing workshop on the horizon.
From time to time, we will feature interactive workshops and enriching parent-and-student discussions. Stay tuned for these engaging opportunities from which all can benefit.
A 4 Part Talk Beginning March 10, 2024
AM I READY FOR SCHOOL?
Join us for our first talk titled When to Begin School in a series of 4 talks covering the topic of Educating Our Children.
It used to be something like this. If a child asked if he was old enough to go to school people would say, Can you reach over your head and touch your ear? If they could, they would say the child was old enough to go to school. That idea, like a number of others, is a misunderstanding of how to determine school age. There are other misconceptions as well.
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2024
Time: 9:00 am PDST
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83729472436?pwd=K29kemhwRGN6c3lJemdYWmF3SXBiUT09
Meeting ID: 83729472436
Meeting Passcode: 031024
WHY SHOULD I LEARN TO SEW?
● Make Modest, Appropriate Garments
● Be Independent of Fads and Fashions
● Personal Fulfillment and Develop Talents
● Economical, Durable Garments
● Improvise from Available Materials
● Be Creative, Resourceful, and Adaptable
● Serve and Engage in Missionary Outreach
● Beautiful, Tasteful Clothing
● Help Others in Emergencies
● Obtain A Good Fit and Be Comfortable
● Healthful, Protective, Loose, and Warm Clothing
● Increase Productivity in this Country
● Make Exactly What I Need
● Make Someone Else Happy
“Let girls be taught that the art of dressing well includes the ability to make their own clothing. This is an ambition that every girl should cherish. It will be a means of usefulness and independence that she cannot afford to miss.” Education, p. 248.6